Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane

I wish I’d captured that moment when the orange, yellow, and red leaves crinkled beneath our feet, wishing they were still mounted to their trees hoping to grow to meet the sky, meet the clouds, meet their dreams just like we wanted to. When my arms were wrapped around your waist as my hands met at your back and your hands were wrapped around me. When I could feel your heartbeat and I wished you could hear my heart beating your name. When I had to keep reminding myself to breathe, so I took deep breaths and stared into your glistening brown eyes and just melted as I cowered beneath you. When your forehead rested upon mine and you just looked me in the eyes as I looked into your soul, your life, still amazed that it's mine not to own but to be with. When we were leaning against air and our bodies were unbalanced and we nearly fell over, but you caught us. When I smiled without a care in the world knowing that you'd covet the rest of me. When I was safe in your arms just like it was supposed to be. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment